Starting Your Journey to Parent to Prosper
Apr 22, 2019
Play the Parent to Prosper Podcast on "Starting Your Journey to Parent to Prosper" on ITunes
Play the Episode HERE
In this first podcast episode, I introduce myself and the Parent to Prosper podcast.
The objective of the episode is to stimulate beginning a journey to understand yourself at a deeper level, identifying more as a leader in your role as a parent, and to understand the higher level means to prosper as a parent.
The wedding picture with my two dads that helped to inspire this podcast
Key Takeaways in the Episode -
- Bias alert!!! My daughter is sweet and talented! Her first introduction of me and the podcast was truly a fun memory to create together, and I am so glad she got us started in the episode.
- I have a lot of gratitude for my two moms. They each taught me so much and inspired me in different ways, which I share to get my mindset in the perfect place for this episode .... and I hope it puts you in a good mental place as well. (2:10)
- I introduce myself and my family. To sum it up on one sentence - I am a Christian, a Husband, a Father, and a Coach....in that order. I feel like I have some knowledge, skills, and experiences that can be of service to a community of parents and your kids, so I also get into that just a bit. (5:36)
- What does it mean to prosper? I cover that here at a high level, but I will give you a teaser ...... it starts with having strong positive relationships with yourself and others. (11:20)
- I was well into my 30's before I realized how to prosper in my own life. I share a little bit about my struggles in my early years of adulthood, and how my wife and some other important people in my life 'awakened' me. In my story, I hope to pass along a bit of wisdom - that having people that love and challenge us in our lives really matters, that life is a journey and a long game, and that faith can play a pivotal role in the quality of our life. (13:34)
- Finally, I share a story about a man, Steward, who provided the key jolt of inspiration to start Parent to Prosper. His story provides perspective we can all appreciate as parents, which I share to honor him and his legacy, and to hopefully stimulate and encourage being intentional in your growth and impact as a parent. (15:28)
Links to People and Places Mentioned
Please note - the Parent Focus Assessment mentioned in the podcast episode is no longer available due to a web platform change - sorry!!